New Applicants please read below for information on the application and leasing process.
We use paypal to process credit card charges as they are the industry leader in secure payment processing. You will be redirected to their site to complete the transaction. Thank you for your business and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. There is a 5.9% convenience fee that shows up as shipping. This is the fee PAYPAL charges and we cannot pass this fee onto the property owner. Click the PAY now button to begin.
Want to get approved for the rental you have found quickly?
- Review the rental requirements below to understand the necessary qualifications
- Download the Application Form, making sure to fill out all information on the “Residential Lease Application” form and the “Authorization to Release Information Related to a Residential Lease Applicant”. Make sure that both forms have been signed and dated at the bottom
- Application submission should include:
- Application Fee
- Copy of Photo ID
- Copy of Pay Check Stub
- Copy of Proof of Income
- You can return the form to Dual Real Estate Services, LLC:
- Fax to: 281.656.6608/li>
- An application fee of $40 per person over 18 is due with the application. If you are married the application fee is $60 and an additional $40 for any person over the age of 18 living with you. The application fee can be paid online.
- Each prospective occupant or co-applicant over the age of 18 must submit a separate application and no one under 18 can apply as a party to a residential leasing agreement. An application must be completely filled out and have an original signature. Signatures on faxed or scanned copies are accepted. We also require a photocopy of each applicants’ driver’s license.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $40 for single individuals or $60 for married couples. The fee covers our screening and processing cost. If non-married individuals apply, or we cannot pull a joint credit report, each individual must then pay a separate $40 fee.
- It is possible that some applications can be processed in one day, but most take a few days depending on how long it takes to follow-up and verify the information supplied. By providing as much and as accurate information (such as phone numbers and fax numbers) as possible certainly helps to speed the process. For example, paycheck stubs help to verify employment income.
- Though it is not mandatory to submit a property security deposit with the application, a property will not be held in reserve and the application will not be considered complete without a deposit. A property can be held only after the application has been accepted and the deposit has been submitted. The deposit is normally equal to the first month’s rent, and will serve as the security deposit for the property during the duration of the lease. If the application is denied, then the deposit will be returned promptly.
- All applications are reviewed in regards to credit, employment, previous rental and criminal histories/information including sex offenses, or any other criminal or civil record.
- For multiple applicants (as in the case of roommates). If one of the applicants in the party is unacceptable or denied, then the entire party will be subject to being denied.
- The screening process includes obtaining previous landlord references. If the applicant is a homeowner, or otherwise does not have a prior landlord, then some other form of reference is needed such as a realtor or property manager reference. Our property manager can assist applicants in choosing an appropriate reference for their prior living circumstances.
- The screening process also reveals criminal charges and court judgments. Sex offenses along with certain felonies or court judgments are automatic grounds for denial. If you are uncertain if a particular situation would be acceptable, you can discuss it with our property manager.
- Applicants with recent bankruptcies and/or credit problems could be required to make additional security deposit, make advance rent payments, or require a third party Lease Guarantor. Please discuss any questions or concerns over credit and/or background requirements with our property manager before submitting the application.
- An applicant’s income should be at least three times the rental amount. As part of the screening process we verify employment references and salary. For self-employed and non-employment income we verify sources and amounts. Examples of verification of non-employee income are: tax returns, bank and business references, government documents. Applicants with child support, social security income, disability, etc, should provide copies of award letters or some verification of payments. It would speed the process to supply additional income references with the application if you are self-employed or have other sources of income you want considered.
- Applicants who do not meet the income requirements will be required to provide a co-signer on the lease who does meet the criteria.
- It is up to the property owner whether pets or what types of pets are acceptable. Ask the property manager first if pets would be acceptable. Pets are accepted or rejected based on the homeowner’s discretion. If accepted, then some additional deposit will be required.
- Once the application is accepted the applicant must execute a residential leasing agreement within five days. This can be done in the office, by mail or by fax. If the application is accepted, and the applicant does not enter into a residential leasing agreement, the application deposit can be forfeited and the property placed back on the rental market.